This Winter has been a cold and fierce one and I’m so blooming happy that Spring is finally on the way! Transitional Spring fashion has got to be one of my favourite styles from the whole year- florals, prints and pastels but also baggy jumpers and boots- my perfect cocktail of comfort and expression of fashion. In this post I’ve put together some mini lookbooks of my favourite categories of Spring fashion this year- yellow, polka dots and t-shirts that make you want to share the love are just a few among the list. Hope you all enjoy and perhaps find an item or to to add to your Spring wardrobe
1. Mellow Yellow
Yellow has got to be one of my all-time favourite colours and with these pieces, your days can always be filled with sunny spells despite the coming April showers!
2. Not-so-Classic Florals
A staple in any Spring wardrobe is florals! I’ve picked out some of my favourites from this year’s SS18 selection which are unique but girly at the same time
1. Blue blouse – which would go perfectly with some boyfriend jeans 2. Lace floral number -Date night potential! 3. Boots 4. Floral t-shirt – for those who prefer more of a subtle nod to florals 5. Super cute Co-ord (Top, Skort) 6. Embroidered floral blouse 7. Simple floral t-shirt 8. Stunning pink ruffle skirt 9. Tie blouse with kimono sleeves 10. Floral blazer 11. Gorgeous white cutout blouse 12. Red tie blouse
3. Spots or Stripes?
I’m a big lover of spots and stripes at any time of the year but here I’ve tried to pick pieces that I think can either be layered up or worn with super cool jackets as it still can be pretty chilly. I’ve also added pieces to help prep your end-of-spring wardrobe when it gets a bit warmer
1. Side split polka dot skirt 2. Cute stripe blouse 3. Super cool stripe blazer blouse 4.AMAZING candy stripe trousers 5. Bold trousers 6. Satin spot pyjama-style blouse 7. Cute black polka dot blouse 8. Stripe slip dress – pair with tights, boots and a chunky knit when it’s cold out 9. Red polka dot blouse 10. Polka dot paperbag trousers
4. Unique Slogan Tees
Slogan tees are prefect for layering at this time of year. Personally, I love t-shirts that have a slogan about love or positivity as, especially in this day and age, we need to spread a little love and happiness around
1. Graphic ‘New Girl in Town’ NYC tee 2. ‘Local Artist’ tee – as an artist myself I love the quote on this one 3. ‘LOVE’ tee 4. ‘Ooooh la la!’ red tee 5. ‘Small Actions Matters’ tee – very true- many small actions build to larger meaningful ones 6. ‘Sympathy Skills’ tee (because everyone needs these) 7. Breakfast tee 8. ‘LOVE’ tee 9. ‘HAPPY’ tee 10. Milano embroidered tee 11. ‘Love Always Wins’ tee 12. ‘You make me smile’ tee
5. Jazz-up-your-wardrobe Jumpers
For when it’s still chilly outside these bright beauties will keep you toasty
1. ‘Love’ jumper 2. ‘You & me’ jumper – ’cause it’s always youuu and meeee 3. Pink and red chevron jumper 4. Turquoise knit 5. Bold flower jumper 6. Big blue number 7. Stripe jumper 8. ‘LOVE’ jumper– absolutely loving pink and red together 9. Colour block slouchy jumper 10. Cream, black and pastel pink stripe jumper 11. Stripe camel jumper with bell sleeves 12. Colour block sweatshirt 13. Super fluted pink knit jumper
6. Good ol’ Spring Pastels
No Spring wardrobe is complete without a few pastel pieces. I’m not a massive lover of pastel shades myself, but these pieces I’ve found to be wearable and Spring-like without looking like a walking marshmallow fairy
1. Sundress with tortoise shell buttons– definitely more for the warmer months but still beautiful 2. Tie white top 3. Floaty balloon-style sleeved blouse 4. Sassy pastel faux fur coat 5. Faux suede blush biker jacket – also comes in black, navy and grey 6. White button up skirt -again more for the warmer months but I couldn’t resist mentioning it (also comes in Tall and Petite) 7. Muted bugglegum pink blazer 8. the matching trousers -feel like a badass Lady Penelope in this two piece 9. Pink top with tortoise shell buttons 10. Asymmetric white blouse– super cute 11. Pink frill blouse– Nobody’s Child vibes but cheaper!
7. The Finishing Touches
Even if you don’t feel like totally re-vamping your style for Spring, you can still give a little nod to the new season here and there with some unique Spring-styled accessories
1. Semicircle statement earrings 2. Badass sunglasses 3. Unique floral earrings 4. Statement earrings 5. Pom-pom earrings– dark toned but still super fun! 6. Bamboo boxy clutch 7. Pastel shoulder bags 8. The ultimate straw bag– Spring/Summer vibes all round 9. Missoma vibes necklace 10. Sunny yellow woven clutch 11. Peach tassel earrings– LOVE these! 12. Flower earrings – floral but still super cool 13. Straw and faux leather handbag (also comes in cream)- a more practical version of the classic straw bag
So there’s my round-up of my favourite springtime pieces this year. Hope you all liked seeing a bit more of what my style is like and are now feeling fully ready for Spring!
Until next time,
all my love,